- State Bar of California
- State Bar of Michigan
- U.S. District Court, Northern District of California
- U.S. District Court, Southern District of California
- U.S. District Court, Central District of California
- U.S. District Court, Eastern District of California
- U.S. District Court, Eastern District of Michigan
- Grand Valley State University, Bachelor of Arts
- University of San Diego, Master of Arts
- University of San Diego School of Law, Juris Doctor
Laura is an attorney with Melmed Law Group P.C. and almost exclusively represents employees in California in state court, federal court, and arbitration. Laura’s practice is split between wage-and-hour class actions and individual claims, including claims for harassment, discrimination, wrongful termination, and whistleblowers.
Laura was born and raised in Detroit, Michigan. She received her Bachelor of Arts Degree from Grand Valley State University in Political Science and International Relations with an emphasis in Latin American Studies in 2012. Laura moved to California to attend the University of San Diego School of Law, where she participated in the Immigration Law and Justice Society and the International Law Society. She also interned at the University of San Diego Immigration Law Clinic. During law school, Laura received the CALI Excellence for the Future Award in Public International Law. Laura concurrently received her Master of Arts degree in International Relations from the University of San Diego in 2016.
After law school, Laura worked as an associate attorney where she practiced employment law, representing employees in California in class action cases across Southern California. Laura has focused her career on zealously representing her employee-clients in both individual and class action cases throughout California.